Ours have won awards...
The title shouldn't be read as a boast (although we like to think so!!), this is more about helping you chose the best glove for a runner - or indeed one for yourself!! ;-)
First things first, choosing a running glove is largely down to personal choice - are you a cold handed person, or actually do you find your hands warm up quickly? You'd be surprised how often I am told "I don't want anything too warm, I hate it when my hands get too warm!"
So let's get the basics out of the way! All of the options I am about to discuss will do the following by default:
- Wick away moisture - helps keep hands warm as moisture (sweat!) is removed from the inside of the glove to the outside!
- Keeps your hands warm - to a greater or lesser degree - more of that in a mo.
- Have a modesty strip and eGlove runner Nikki calls it - snot/sweat wipe area to you and me!
- Fully machine washable!
- Silicon grips on the palm of hand and fingers - mainly so you don't drop several hundred quids worth of Smartphone!!
- Touchscreen compatible fabric on both thumbs and forefingers to allow you to use your device or app of choice in warm, gloved, cosiness!
- Available in Black / Black - Pink - Black / Green
With that in mind, what are the options?
eGlove Sport is our best selling and multi award winning running glove. It's a thin glove ideal for most people in most conditions. I run in these in temperatures down to -4 or -5 or so, but equally, they help regulate hand temperature, so are great at +10 too! It's a very comfortable glove, quite silky in feel and just does the job brilliantly! Thousands of customers and several awards can't be wrong!!
Alternatively, for those who suffer with cold hands, run in extreme weather or for ultra distances, perhaps the XTREME is a better option? It's thicker, tighter, with a longer double cuff and has the additional feature of Windstopper fabric which helps keep both the moisture and wind out, without compromising the breathability! These have been used in many XTREME Ultra Runs - most recently Shaun Marsden (aka @spontaneousplan) used them thoughout the 230km Arctic Ice Ultra! So, we say that they are like the Sport Run Glove - just more HARDCORE!!!!
Best of all, like all eGloves if you order something that isn't right - no problem, send it back and we will sort you out an exchange or a refund. Check out the glove guide for more info - here.
As always - we welcome your questions! Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!